The intent of all grants awarded by the Foundation is to assist with deserving projects which might not otherwise reach completion.
Any individual or group in the Region of Waterloo may apply for funding
General criteria and conditions for all grants:
- Applications for reimbursement of any individual or organization after the completion of the project cannot be considered
- The Foundation requires that all grant requests from organizations be accompanied by a resolution, made by the applicant's governing authority, which authorizes the request for a grant. This resolution can be in the form of a letter, an extract from the minutes of the group's meeting or other documentation as appropriate. Individual applicants should submit two letters of support for the project applied for.
- Grants awarded by the Foundation are not transferable and therefore may not be assigned or transferred from the original grantee.
- Special Note: Requests for funding of heritage building projects must meet the following criteria:
- The buildings must have one of the following:
- A heritage designation under Part IV or Part V of the Ontario Heritage Act,
- A conservation easement,
- A Historic Site designation.
- The Foundation requires appropriate recognition of the Foundation's support.
- Buildings should provide permanent visible signage as acknowledgement.
- Events should acknowledge the Foundation on print material, signage, publicity, etc. The Foundation's support should be noted on all publications receiving grant assistance.
- The acknowledgement will use the full name "Waterloo Regional Heritage Foundation" and the WRHF logo.
- A copy of the logo is available by contacting the Foundation Secretary at email@example.com
Selection Process Details
- The Foundation meets the fourth Tuesday of each month except for the months of July, August and December. Applications received in May or June should not expect a final decision until the Foundation convenes in the fall. Please plan accordingly.
- Please ensure that applications are complete with all required documentation before sending to the Foundation. Incomplete documentation will prevent a final decision.
- Please have applications submitted by the second Thursday of the month to provide enough time for the application to be placed on the Allocations and Finance Committee agenda for that month.
Grants are valid for 12 months from the date of approval by the Foundation, unless otherwise requested with the application and approved at the time the grant was awarded.
- The Foundation does not provide funding for projects in advance.
- Approved grants are paid when all grant conditions have been met and the project has been completed in full.
- If other arrangements are anticipated or required, they must be requested at the time of application.
- Upon completion of the project, please send a written request for payment. The letter should indicate that all grant conditions have been met, and include a statement of account with copies of supporting invoices and a complimentary copy of the publication, if applicable.
The letter should be sent to:
Waterloo Regional Heritage Foundation
Council/Committee Support Specialist
Council & Administrative Services
Regional Municipality of Waterloo
150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3